Recruiting students involves some coordination and planning to ensure that you have the resources, processes, and tools in place to be successful and move quickly. Begin planning your recruitment activities a few months in advance to ensure that you have the tools and staff in place for a smooth start. We’ve included a planning roadmap with links to resources and some key items to consider while you are in the planning phase of your enrollment season.
Timely outreach is key
Create a process for reaching out to interested families who contact you so that you can keep them engaged and move them through your enrollment process quickly. Consider creating a call guide for your staff before they call on families so that all staff members communicate with them consistently about your program.
- Responding to all prospective families within 24 hours
- Tracking the status of prospective families in a database or spreadsheet
- Making at least three attempts to reach each prospect
- Putting all prospects into a drip email campaign so that they receive information about your school and updates on enrollment dates and activities.
- Check back by phone periodically